Streamline the time it takes to earn your degrees.
Work on earning your Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at UMSON while completing your Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) at one of our partner community colleges.
- Shorten your path to earning your BSN.
- Immerse yourself in engaging, challenging upper-level BSN coursework early in your studies, so you’re prepared to succeed in the BSN program.
- Many health care organizations require you to commit to earning your BSN when they hire you; get a jumpstart on fulfilling that promise.
- We help you through a smooth transition from community college to our BSN program, so you don’t have to navigate it on your own.
How it works:
- Apply and be admitted to the University of Maryland School of Nursing’s BSN program while in your ADN program.
- Take UMSON prerequisite courses at your community college, and choose to begin taking UMSON RN-to-BSN nursing courses online or face to face.
- Seamlessly transfer 59 credits to UMSON, and earn an additional 30 credits when you become a licensed RN*.
- Complete your remaining nursing credits at UMSON after completing your ADN.
Through a close relationship among faculty advisors at both institutions, you’ll be guided and supported on your path to your BSN, ensuring you take appropriate courses at the right time to complete your degree as efficiently as possible.
*You must successfully complete the NCLEX exam and become licensed by the Maryland Board of Nursing.