Student and Academic Services
The Office of Student and Academic Services is responsible for undergraduate and graduate admission programs, including on- and off-campus recruitment activities and events, marketing, application assessment, and support to the faculty admission committees. In addition, the office oversees registration services, including course scheduling, registration processes, advisor assignments, graduation clearance and enrollment reports, and is responsible for enrollment planning, trend analysis, and environmental scanning.
The Office of Student and Academic Services administers nursing scholarships and traineeships and is the liaison with student organizations and campus-based student support services such as leadership and career development, student advocacy, and general counseling.
Our mission is to serve and support the University of Maryland School of Nursing’s students, faculty, staff and community in transforming lives and advancing nursing education and practice.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Delivering friendly and consistent service to our constituents.
- Guiding applicants through the admissions process.
- Ensuring fairness with a commitment to diversity in the admissions process.
- Facilitating student success through personalized advising, coaching, and academic support services.
- Providing opportunities for skill development for students and alumni through leadership experiences in student organizations, and career services.
- Managing student registration and academic records maintenance.
- Preparing our students for their careers by facilitating the placements of their clinical experiences.
- Certifying compliance with School and University policies.
- We value respect in our interactions with each other, students, and our colleagues in the School and university community.
- We believe that our personal and collective integrity allows us to be accountable in providing exemplary service to our constituents.
- We employ our collective expertise to consistently innovate solutions to facilitate student success.
- We transform lives via impactful services to our students and through them to the larger global community.
- We work as a team, employing strong communication skills to collaboratively deliver solutions to improve our community.