TurningPoint audience response system integrates 100 percent into Microsoft PowerPoint and allows audiences to participate in presentations or lectures by submitting responses to interactive questions using a ResponseCard keypad.
With TurningPoint, your PowerPoint presentations become powerful data collection and assessment tools that collect real-time audience responses and improve productivity.
TurningPoint AnyWhere expands your interactive presentation capabilities beyond PowerPoint and conducts polling using content in your preferred format - Web browsers, PDFs, Word documents, and more. Use your existing presentation or materials for easy, instant polling in any application.
- Students can respond to questions using one of two methods. They can use the handheld clicker or they can use the ResponseWare software loaded onto a smartphone or laptop.
- Only Rooms 130 and 140 in the School of Nursing are equipped with TuriningPoint receivers. If you need to use them in a different classroom, please let Learning Technology know at least a week prior to the date of the lecture.
- Rooms 130 and 140 have different channels for the handheld clickers. Students will need to know the appropriate channel to respond.
- Room 130 – Channel 41
- Room 140 – Channel 31
- Faculty members must have the TurningPoint software loaded on their computer to set up a PowerPoint that will work with the clickers. With TurningPoint AnyWhere, you can conduct polling using content in your preferred format.
- If you do not have the software, you need to request it from the Network and Computer Services.
- You can also download a copy of the software from the faculty TurningPoint Web page.
- To obtain the software on your UMSON computer, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To obtain the software for your personal computer, or to load onto a removable storage device (thumb drive):
- 5 Steps to Successfully Running TurningPoint In the Classroom (PDF)
- Getting Started (PDF)
- Creating presentations
- Download particpant list
- Saving session data
- Getting a ResponseWare ID
- Open TurningPoint by clicking the desktop icon
- Under the TuringPoint menu select tools
- Then Select ResponseWare
- Enter user ID and password
- You now have a unique session ID
- How to show session ID and channel on every slide
- Open TurningPoint for the desktop icon
- Under the TurningPoint menu select tools
- Select settings
- Select response device
- Select true to "Always Show User Login"
TuriningPoint offers many free, online training opportunities. Click here to access them.
TurningPoint Software - PC: Product Guides & Manuals
TurningPoint AnyWhere - PC: Product Guides & Manuals
TurningPoint Software - Mac: Product Guides & Manuals
TurningPoint AnyWhere - Mac: Product Guides & Manuals