My Sister’s Place
- 7-9 a.m., Wednesday, Oct. 16
- 7-9 a.m., Wednesday, Nov. 13
- 7-9 a.m., Wednesday, Dec. 4
- 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 6
- 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014
- My Sister’s Place, 17 W. Franklin Street, Baltimore, is an off-campus organization that provides women with shelter, education, and training for employment. Alumni are invited to volunteer from 7-9 a.m. on Wednesdays, Oct. 16, Nov. 13, and Dec. 4, to prepare and serve breakfast to members of the community. Donations of pantry items, including sugar, coffee, creamer, powdered iced tea/lemonade, canned fruit, canned soups, canned vegetables, canned tuna, cereal and cereal bars, are welcome. Volunteers are asked to wear flat rubber soled shoes. Donations can be brought directly to My Sister’s Place.
- Paul’s Place, 1118 Ward Street, Baltimore, is an off-campus organization that provides men, women, and children with a number of services, including hot meals, educational training, after school programs, clothing, and access to a nurse’s clinic. Alumni are invited to volunteer from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Nov. 6 and Jan. 15, 2014, to staff the nurse’s clinic. New volunteers should attend a brief orientation at 10 a.m. on their first day. Volunteers must have an active RN license, a current CPR card, and current liability insurance. Two to three individuals who do not have the requirements needed to staff the nurse’s clinic, but would still like to volunteer, are invited to help with check-in. Finally, we are collecting items for dental, hygiene, first aid, and foot supply kits (see attachment). Donations can be brought to Paul’s Place.
Thank you for your consideration. We hope you will choose to volunteer and join other UMSON alumni to help make a difference in our community. If you can volunteer for any of these community service events, please send an email to email@example.com or call 410-706-0674.
Liz Krug, MS ’10, RN, PCCN
Chair, Recent Alumni Committee
UMSON Alumni Association
Associate Director of Alumni Relations