How do I access the University of Maryland's Blackboard support?
Why do I only see the announcements and no left-side menu when I access my course?
Why do I receive the error message, "Navigation to Webpage Cancelled" when I click on a link in Blackboard?
You need to change an Internet Explorer security option.
- Click on Tools and select Internet Options
- Click on the Security tab and select the Custom Level button
- Scroll a little past halfway until you find Display Mixed Content
- Click on the button to Enable
- Internet Explorer will ask you to make sure you want to make this change. Select Yes.
- Restart the browser
I was taking an online assessment and I received an error message or had other technical difficulties. What should I do?
Immediately proceed back to the assessment. Do this as soon as possible as any timer will continue to run. Immediately upon finishing the assessment, contact your instructor as well as firstname.lastname@example.org and report what occurred.
I am having difficulty submitting an assignment via an assignment link or Safe Assign. What should I do?
Make sure the file name of your submission is short, ends in the file extension Word (.doc or .docx), plain text (.txt), rich text format (.rtf), .pdf, and .html formats, and do not have any special characters such as (i.e. #, $, %). If you receive any specific error messages, contact email@example.com and your inctructor.
Why don't I see a course for which I am registered when I log in to Blackboard?
Courses become available by noon on the first day of the semester. If you are unable to access the course and it is after the first day of the semester, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why am I receiving an error message when attempting to access a file or document in Blackboard?
Contact email@example.com and mention the course, section, file name, and what occurred when you experienced the issue.
Why don't I see a grade when I finish my online assessment?
Some courses do not post assessment grades right away. Contact your instructor to find out when the grade will be available.
What should I do if I click on a Blackboard link to a website and the URL appears to be broken or no longer available?
Contact your instructor.
- Collaborate not opening correctly
- Java Installs
- Web Conferencing – How do I launch web conferencing if I am using Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10?
- Mac users, cannot access Collaborate Session
- How do I clear my Java and my Cache