Assistant Dean for Research Development
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) is seeking an Assistant Dean for Research Development. Reporting to the Associate Dean for Research, the Assistant Dean for Research Development is responsible for developing the research-focused faculty members and students in collaboration with the Assistant Dean for Research Operations, department chairs, and faculty advisors.
UMSON enrolls nearly 1,700 students in its baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral programs and is ranked 11th among all schools of nursing in the nation. UMSON is part of the University of Maryland graduate professional campus that also includes the schools of medicine, dentistry, social work, pharmacy, and law, and is one of the fastest growing biomedical research centers in the nation. The unique composition of the campus enables health professionals to address clinical care, public policy, and social issues through multidisciplinary research, scholarship, and community action. Its location in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C.-Annapolis triangle maximizes opportunities for collaboration with governmental agencies, health care institutions, and life science industries.
In collaboration with the Associate Dean for Research and the Assistant Dean for Research Operations:
- Develop and implement strategies to promote a vibrant research culture
- Advance research links and engagement within the faculty in collaboration with department chairs, Organized Research Center directors, academic deans, and faculty members
- Develop internal grant development and pre-review mechanisms to ensure the strongest possible proposals are submitted for review
- Promote engagement in interdisciplinary research across the faculty and externally with other individuals, organizations, and relevant stakeholders
- Develop and implement strategies to promote dissemination of UMSON research at national, local, and University conferences and meetings
- Doctoral degree in health-related field
- Eligible for appointment at the tenured associate or full professor rank
- Evidence of current extramural funding and a sustained program of research in an area aligned with at least one of the Organized Research Centers
- Eligible for University of Maryland, Baltimore Graduate School regular faculty status
- Experience in and evidence of successful management and leadership skills appropriate to demands of the position
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience in communicating effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and CV to:
Meg Johantgen, PhD, RN
Chair, Search Committee
c/o Lois Reisig
University of Maryland School of Nursing
655 West Lombard Street, Room 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.