Community/Public Health Faculty
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) currently recruiting for a doctoral-prepared Community/Public Health Faculty Member with a program of research to join the Department of Family and Community Health.
UMSON enrolls more than 1,600 students in its baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral programs and is ranked 11th among all schools of nursing in the nation. It is part of the University of Maryland graduate professional campus that also includes the schools of medicine, dentistry, social work, pharmacy, and law and is becoming one of the fastest growing biomedical research centers in the nation. The unique composition of the campus enables health professionals to address clinical care, public policy, and social issues through multidisciplinary research, scholarship, and community action. Its location in the Baltimore-Washington-Annapolis triangle maximizes opportunities for collaboration with governmental agencies, health care institutions, and life science industries.
- Participate in the development, teaching, organization, and evaluation of clinical and didactic education of all levels of students
- Advise and mentor students
- Conduct a program of research
- Participate in faculty governance and service to UMSON and the University
- Earned doctorate in nursing or a related field and a master’s degree in nursing required
- Experience in designing and implementing community-based partnerships and health education programs required
- Current license to practice nursing in Maryland required
- Prior academic experience is preferred
Instruction to Applicants
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and CV to:
Karen Kauffman, PhD, CRNP-BC
Chair, Family and Community Health
c/o Lois Reisig
University of Maryland School of Nursing
655 West Lombard Street, Room 502
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
The University of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Employer.