Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Faculty
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON), Department of Family and Community Health is recruiting for a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Faculty Member to develop, teach, organize, and evaluate courses and precepted experiences for PMHNP students in collaboration with other PMHNP faculty members.
UMSON enrolls nearly 1,700 students in its baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral programs and is ranked 11th among all schools of nursing in the nation. UMSON is part of the University of Maryland graduate professional campus that also includes the schools of medicine, dentistry, social work, pharmacy, and law, and is one of the fastest growing biomedical research centers in the nation. The unique composition of the campus enables health professionals to address clinical care, public policy, and social issues through multidisciplinary research, scholarship, and community action. Its location in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C.-Annapolis triangle maximizes opportunities for collaboration with governmental agencies, health care institutions, and life science industries.
- Collaborate with PMHNP faculty members to develop, teach, organize, and evaluate courses and precepted experiences for PMHNP students
- Advise and mentor students
- Participate in faculty governance
- Master’s degree in nursing required; doctoral degree or enrollment in a doctoral program required
- Current license to practice nursing in Maryland required; certification as a PMHNP – Family preferred
- Experience as a PMHNP required; experience in family-focused practice preferred
- Prior academic experience teaching psychiatric nursing required
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and CV to:
Karen Kauffman, PhD, CRNP-BC
Chair, Department of Family and Community Health
c/o Lois Reisig
University of Maryland School of Nursing
655 West Lombard Street, Room 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
The University of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Employer.