Community/Public Health Faculty
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) is recruiting for a Community/Public Health Faculty Member to teach in the undergraduate and graduate programs. This position is in UMSON’s Department of Family and Community Health.
UMSON enrolls more than 1,600 students in its baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral programs and is ranked 11th among all schools of nursing in the nation. UMSON is part of the University of Maryland graduate professional campus that also includes the schools of medicine, dentistry, social work, pharmacy, and law and is one of the fastest growing biomedical research centers in the nation. The unique composition of the campus enables health professionals to address clinical care, public policy, and social issues through multidisciplinary research, scholarship, and community action. Its location in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C.-Annapolis triangle maximizes opportunities for collaboration with governmental agencies, health care institutions, and life science industries.
- Participate in the development, teaching, organization, and evaluation of clinical and didactic education of students at all levels.
- Advise and mentor students
- Participate in faculty governance and service to UMSON and the University
- Master’s degree in community/public health nursing or public health required; doctoral degree or application to/enrollment in a doctoral program in nursing or a related field required
- Current license to practice nursing in Maryland
- Prior academic experience preferred
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and CV to:
Karen Kauffman, PhD, CRNP-BC
Chair, Department of Family and Community Health
c/o Lois Reisig
University of Maryland School of Nursing
655 West Lombard Street, Room 502
Baltimore, MD 21201
The University of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Employer.