Rosemarie DiMauro Satyshur, PhD, RN
Assistant Professor, FCH
Center for Biological and Behavioral Change Across the Life Span
- Certificate, Quality Matters National Benchmark Program for Online Course Design
- Certificate, The AACN/Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice Microsystems Academy, Lebanon, NH
- PhD, Family/Child Health Nursing and Nursing Education, The Catholic University of America, School of Nursing, Washington, D.C.
- MSN, Family/Child Health Nursing and Nursing Education, The Catholic University of America, School of Nursing, Washington, D.C.
- BSN, Thomas Jefferson University College of Allied Health Sciences-Nursing, Philadelphia, PA
- Principal Investigator: HRSA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration Maternal Child Health Bureau Project Director: MCH Nursing Leadership at the University of Maryland
- Principal Investigator: Grandparents Raising Grandchildren: Community Based Interventions to Improve Health
- Satyshur, R.D. Health Care Disparity and DHR/BCDSS Foster Care population: Service Delivery and Policy Formulation. FAS Code: 4052, Department of Human Resources
- Thompson, L., Satyshur, R.D. and Butler, G. Use of the development in Context Evaluation Model to Promote healthy Children and Youth: The Role of University Community Collaboration. University of Maryland School of Nursing
- Satyshur, R.D. and Toth, J. Tool Development: The Basic Knowledge Assessment Tool for Neonatal Nursing
- Satyshur, R.D., O’Brien, M.E., Toth, J., and Hallal, J. A Pilot Nursing Research Study of Spirituality in Health and Illness. The Catholic University of America
- Satyshur, R.D. A Comparison of two groups of nurses caring for adolescents with cancer. Grant-in-Aid from the Catholic University of America
- Study group and review panel participant, University of S. Florida. National Project: The Physical and Developmental Environment of the High-Risk Infant: Enhancing Recovery, Improving Outcome and Reducing Preventable Morbidity. Funded: Maternal and Child Health
- Bureau Department of Health and Human Services, in cooperation with NIH’s National Institute of Child Health and Human Development and National Center for Nursing Research.
- Complete training program: “Reliability in the Use of the Dyadic Interaction Code’, the Bethesda Naval Hospital, Maryland
- Satyshur, R.D. The relationship of maternal infant dyad adaption and selected variables in primigravida experiencing unplanned cesarean birth. Dissertation Abstracts International, The Catholic University of America
- Satyshur, R.D. An exploratory study of the involvement of generational grandmothers in primary care activities for infants of young adolescent mothers. NREDP Grant, The Catholic University of America
Evaluation Research Activities:
- Biology and Behavior Across the Life Span: Research Review Committee, 2012-Present
- Department of Health and Human Services: Maryland’s Program Improvement Plan, 2004-2005
- Child Family Services Review: The Process and Stakeholder Involvement for Performance Improvement, 2003 –2005
- Foster Care Court Improvement Project Evaluation, 2003-2005
- Statewide Assessment: The Maryland Child and Family Service Review and Implementation, 2003 –2004
- Program Evaluator: National League for Nursing (NLNAC)
- Consultant\ Collaborator: Kangaroo care effects on pain reduction in premature infants. Susan Luddington PhD. School of Nursing, Ira Gewolb MD., and Timothy Palmer MD. UMB School of Medicine, 2001-2002
- Program Evaluator: Prevent Child Abuse America’s Healthy Families Maryland
- Partnership: Governor’s Office on Youth, Children and Families, 2000 –2001
- COE/WHRG: Women’s Health Research Team member, 2000-2003
- Luddington-Hoe, S.M., McDonald, P.E., Satyshur, R.D. (2002). Breastfeeding in the African American Women. Journal of National Black Nurses Association, Vol 13(1), July.
- Luddington–Hoe, S.M., Satyshur, R.D. (2000) Infant Crying: State of the Science Review.Biological Research for Nursing.
- Luddington-Hoe, S.M., Nyugen, N., Swinth, J., Satyshur, R.D. (2000). Maternal Stress reduction with Kangaroo Care for Hospitalized Preterm Infants. Biological Research for Nursing.
- Luddington-Hoe, S.M., Nyugen, N., Swinth, J., Satyshur, R.D. (2000). Kangaroo Care Compared to Incubator Care in Maintaining Body Warmth in Preterm Infants. Biological Research for Nursing, Vol 1(4), April.
- Satyshur, R.D. (1991). The Relationship of Maternal Infant Dyad Adaptation and Selected Variables in Primigravida Experiencing Unplanned Cesarean Birth. Washington, D.C.: The Catholic University of America, 1991; Dissertation Abstracts International.
- Satyshur, R.D. (1995). "Ineffective Infant Feeding Pattern" in G.M. McFarland and E.A. McFarlane: Nursing Diagnosis and Intervention, Planning for Patient Care. 3rd. Ed. St. Louis: The C.V. Mosby Co.
- Satyshur, R.D. (1994). Ethical issues in maternal child health nursing. In Maternal-Newborn Nursing, Theory and Practice. Orlando: W.B. Saunders Co.
- Satyshur, R.D. (1993). Coping, ineffective family related to compromised neonatal health. In J.G. Dyer, S.M. Sparks and C.M. Taylor: Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing Diagnosis: A Comprehensive Manual. Springhouse: Springhouse Publishing Co.
- Satyshur, R.D. (1993). Parenting alteration related to inadequate attachment to high risk neonate. In J.G. Dyer, S.M. Sparks and C.M. Taylor: Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing Diagnosis: A Comprehensive Manual. Springhouse: Springhouse Publishing Co.
- Satyshur, R.D. (1992). "Ineffective infant feeding pattern" in J.M. Thompson, G.K. McFarland, J.E. Hirsh, S.M. Tucker and A.C. Bowers: Clinical Nursing. 3rd. Ed. St. Louis: The C.V. Mosby Co.
- Satyshur, R.D. (1992). "Ineffective Infant Feeding Pattern" in G.M. McFarland and E.A. McFarlane: Nursing Diagnosis and Intervention, Planning for Patient Care. 2nd. Ed. St. Louis: The C.V. Mosby Co.
- Satyshur, R.D. (2013). Essentials of Nursing Research Appraising Evidence for Nursing Practice 8th edition by D.Polit &C.Beck.
- Satyshur, R.D. (2013). Women in Social Work Who Have Changed the World by A.Leiberman. Journal of Women & Aging (edits submitted 6//2013 accepted for publication in Sept/Oct edition).
Primary Teaching Areas:
- N 320: Science and Research for Nursing Practice
- NURS 659: Professional Dimensions of Advanced Practice and Organizational Development (course master)
- NDNP 802: Methods for Evidence-based Practice
Academic & Professional Activities:
- 2012: Manuscript Reviewer, The International Journal of Public Health
- 2012: Subject Matter Expert for ancillary materials for Polit and Beck, Essentials of Nursing Research 8th edition, Chapter 11 Measurement and Data Quality
- 2011-Present: Manuscript Reviewer, Geriatric Nursing
- 2011: Abstract Reviewer, Gerontological Society of America
- 2011: Chapter Reviewer, Polit and Beck: Essential of Nursing Research: Appraising Evidence for Nursing Practice 7th ed., Chapter 9 Quantitative Design and Chapter 10 Qualitative Approaches
- 2010-Present: Manuscript Reviewer, The Journal of Professional Nursing
- 2010: Chapters Reviewer for Polit & Beck, Essentials of Nursing Research: Appraising Evidence for Nursing Practice 7th edition. Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins
- 2009: Mentored graduate students receiving certificates in Global health with HIV/AIDS project formulation for summer implementation in Nigeria
- 2008-Present: Abstract Reviewer, Southern Nursing Research Society
- 2008: Maternal Child Health Bureau/HRSA; MCH Training Program, Monitoring and Reporting Performance Measures Workgroup
- 2007-Present: Manuscript Reviewer, Southern Nursing Research Journal
- 2007-Present: Manuscript Reviewer, Maternal Child Health Journal
- 2006-Present: GrandFamilies of America: Founding Advisory Board
- 2005-2008: National Committee of Grandparents for Children’s Rights Advisory Board, Manhattan, NY
- 2005-2007: TAMAR Inc., Vice Chairwoman of the Board
- 2003-Present: Manuscript Reviewer, Journal of Specialist in Pediatric Nursing
- 2003-2006: Invited Member, Administrative Office of the Courts: Department of Family Administration Foster Care Court Improvement Project Family Dependency Drug Court State Team, Annapolis, MD
- 2003-2005: Executive Director, State Chief Child Welfare; Appointee: Governor Robert Ehrlich Administration
- 2003-2005: Advisory Committee: FCCIP: Maryland’s Foster Care Court Improvement Project, Baltimore, MD
- 2003-2005: Member, Governor’s Commission on Infant Mortality, Baltimore, MD
- 2003-2004: Appointee, Maryland Caregivers Council, Annapolis, MD
- 2003-2004: Member, State Advisory Board on Juvenile Justice, Annapolis, MD
- 2003-2004: Member, Governor’s Commission on Crime Control and Substance Abuse Prevention, Baltimore, MD
- 2003-2004: Member, Governor’s Subcabinet Partnership Team, Annapolis, MD
- 2001: Nursing Task Force on Maternal-Child Health Care Services; Department of Health andHuman Services, PHD Division of Maternal Child Nursing: Washington, D.C.
- 1998-2003: Manuscript Reviewer, Journal of Pediatric Nursing
- 1994-Present: Manuscript Reviewer, The American Journal of Nursing
- 2013-Present: Post-BSN to DNP Transitions Team
- 2012-Present: Biology and Behavior Across the Life Span Research Mock Review Team
- 2012-Present: Portfolio Subcommittee
- 2012: DNP Admissions Committee
- 2012: BSN Admissions Committee
- 2012: MS Comprehensive Examination Reader
- 2011-Present: President’s Financial Model Implementation Team
- 2011-Present: CPH Advisory Committee
- 2011-2013: MS/DNP Curriculum Committee Department Representative
- 2011-2012: President’s Strategic Planning Committee
- 2011: Judiciary Committee
- 2011: Post-BSN to DNP Core Review Committee
- 2010-Present: BSN to DNP Task Force
- 2010-2012: Chairperson, DNP Capstone Revision Committee
- 2009-2011; 2013: Faculty Council Departmental Representative
- 2009-2011: CUSF: Council of University Faculty Systems
- 2009-2010: Chairperson, RN to BSN, RN to MSN Task Force
- 2008-2011: Reviewer, Deans Teaching Scholar Awards
- 2008-2009: Strategic Plan Initiative: Civility Committee (Chair’s request)
- 2008: First International Alliance for Grandparents and Relative Caregivers Formulated with the National Committee of Grandparents for Children’s Rights. Mission and Vision and Goals recognized by the U.N., Invited member
- 2008: Faculty Search Committee
- 2007-2011: Faculty Senator