Patricia G. Morton, PhD, RN, ACNP, FAAN
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- BS, Biology, Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland
- BSN, Nursing, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
- MS, Adult Health Nursing, University of Maryland School of Nursing
- PhD, Nursing, University of Maryland School of Nursing
- Post-Master's Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Georgetown University
- Critical Care Nursing
- Cardiovascular Nursing
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Education Administration
- Co-investigator with Sue Thomas (Principal investigator) and Erika Friedman (Co-investigator for study "Psychological Responses to Home Automatic External Defibrillators."
- Morton, P., & Fontaine, D. (2009). Critical Care Nursing: A Holistic Approach. 9th Ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins.
- Sabol, V.K, Resnick, B., Gruber-Baldini, A., Galik, E., Morton, P.G. & Hicks, G. Anemia evaluation and management in nursing home residents. Western Journal of Nursing Research. (In Press).
- Sabol, V.K, Resnick, B., Gruber-Baldini, A., Galik, E., Morton, P.G., & Hicks, G. (2010). Anemia and its impact on function in nursing home residents: What do we know?" Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. (In Press).
- Thomas, S.A., Friedmann, E., Gottlieg, S.S., Liu, F., Morton, P.G., Chapa, D., Lee, H.J., Nahm, E.S. on behalf of the Sudden Cardiac Death Heart Failure Trial (SCD-HeFT) Investigators (2009). Changes in psychosocial distress in heart failure outpatients with implantable cardioverter defibrillators. Heart and Lung:38(2):109-120.
- Schofield, D.L., Davenport, J., Morton, P.G., O’Neill, C., Thomas, S., Newhouse, R. (2008). The preparation of nurse faculty: Who should teach students? Medscape for Advanced Practice e-Journal, 8(2).
- Friedmann, E., Thomas, S.A., Liu, F., Morton, P.G., Chapa, D., Gottlieb, S.S. for the SCD-HeFT Investigators. Relationship of depression, anxiety, and social isolation to chronic heart failure outpatient mortality. American Heart Journal. 152:940-48, 2006.
- Dorsey, S. & Morton, P. (2006). HIV peripheral neuropathy: Pathophysiology and clinical implications. AACN Clinical Issues, 17 (1), 30-36.
- Morton, P. & Rauen, C. (2004). Using simulation in nursing education: The University of Maryland and Georgetown University Experiences. In M. Oermann & K. Heinrich (Eds). Annual Review of Nursing Education. Volume 2 .New York : Springer Publishing Company. p.139-161.
Primary Teaching Areas:
- Master's Program: Trauma, Critical Care, and Emergency Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Program
Academic & Professional Activities:
- The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Member, Board of Directors 7/05 to 6/08
- Member of the Strategic Thinking Committee, 7/05 to 6/06
- Member of the National Teaching Institute Work Group, 7/05 to 6/06
- Chairperson, Advanced Practice Work Group, 2002-2003
- Member, Advanced Practice Work Group, 2001-2002