Mary Lynn Davis-Ajami, PhD, MBA, MS, NP-C, RN
Assistant Professor, OSAH
- PhD, Pharmacy Administration: Health Outcomes Focus, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- MBA, Business, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC
- MS, Family Nurse Practitioner, University of Southern Indiana, Evansville, IN
- BSN, Nursing, University of Evansville, Evansville, IN
- Diploma, Nursing, West Suburban Hospital School of Nursing, Oak Park, IL
- Davis-Ajami, ML. (Principal Investigator), Fink J M.D., Chen JJ M.D. (co-investigators). “Risks and direct medical costs associated with being prescribed renal avoid, NSAIDS, and or nephrotoxic medications in adults with chronic kidney disease” MEPS database research. Intramural funding from the University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, $10,000 (2013)
- Wu J, Davis-Ajami, ML. (2014). Antidepressant treatment persistence in low-income, insured pregnant women. Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy. 20(6):631-637.
- Davis-Ajami ML, Wu J, Downton K, Ludeman E, Noxon V. (2014). Epoetin zeta in the management of anemia associated with chronic renal failure - differential pharmacology and clinical utility. Biologics: Targets & Therapy. 8:155-167. doi.org/10.2147/BTT.S27578
- Davis-Ajami ML, Costa L, Kulik S. (2014, January/February) Gap analysis: Synergies and opportunities for effective nursing leadership. Nursing Economic$. 32(1):17-25.
- Davis-Ajami ML, Wu J, Fink J. (2014) Differences in health services utilization and costs between antihypertensive medication users versus non-users in adults with diabetes and concomitant hypertension from MEPS pooled years 2006-2009. Value in Health. 17(1):51-61.
- Davis-Ajami, ML. (2014) Capsule commentary on: Michaelidis, et al., Cost-effectiveness of procalcitonin guided antibiotic therapy for outpatient management of acute respiratory tract infection in adults. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 29(4): 646. doi: 10.1007/s11606-03-2735-3
- Wu J, Davis-Ajami ML, Sykes L, Keiser S. (2013) Antidepressant prescription medication use patterns in a cohort of pregnant South Carolina Medicaid recipients with major depression, for years 2004-2009. American Journal of Public Health Research.
- Davis-Ajami ML, Nahata M, Reardon G, Seiber E, Balkrishnan R. (2012). Associations between joblessness and oral anti-diabetic medication adherence in US diabetic working age adults. Health Outcomes Research in Medicine. 3:139-151.
- Neidecker M, Davis-Ajami ML, Balkrishnan R, and Feldman SR. (2009) Pharmacoeconomic considerations in treating actinic keratosis. PharmacoEconomics. 27(6):451-64.
Primary Teaching Areas:
- Graduate-level Health Services Leadership and Management
- NURS 690: Managerial Health Finance
- NURS 691: Organizational Theories: Applications to Healthcare Management
- Poster presentation: Wu J, Noxon V, Davis-Ajami ML. Mail order pharmacy use and associated health expense in adults with diabetes. ISPOR 19th International Meeting, Montreal, Canada, May 2014.
- Poster presentation: Davis-Ajami ML, Wu J, Fink J. Differences in health services utilization and costs between antihypertensive medication users versus non-users in adults with diabetes and concomitant hypertension from MEPS pooled years 2006-2009. AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting, June 2013.
- Poster presentation: Wu, J, Davis-Ajami ML, Sykes L, Keiser S. Persistence in use of antidepressants in pregnant women enrolled in Medicaid in the United States. International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research 15th Annual European Conference, Berlin, Germany, November 2012.
- Podium Presentation: Davis-Ajami ML, Nahata M, Seiber E, Reardon G, Balkrishnan R. (2011) Associations between joblessness and all-cause health services utilization in US diabetic working age adults. ISPOR 16th Annual International Meeting, Baltimore MD, USA, May 2011.
Academic & Professional Activities:
- Member, Academy Health
- Member, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Member, International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research
- 2013-Present: Executive Board Member, Graduate Counsel, Sigma Theta Tau, Pi Chapter
- 2013-Present: Reviewer, American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits
- 2013-Present: Reviewer, Journal of General Internal Medicine
- 2013-Present: Reviewer, Journal of Professional Nursing Practice
- 2013: Review Group: ISPOR Assessing Retrospective Observational Studies for Health Care Decisions Task Force Review Group. (2013, Sept.); “Retrospective observational study questionnaire to assess relevance and credibility to inform healthcare decision-making: an ISPOR-AMCP-NPC good practice task force report”. Martin Brad, PhD (task force chair), Davis-Ajami, ML (review group member)
- 2012: Reviewer, Patient reported outcomes and preference based studies (PRO) research abstract review committee member for the ISPOR 15th Annual European Conference, Berlin, Germany
- 2011-Present: Reviewer, Diabetes Care
- 2011: Reviewer, Patient reported outcomes and preference based studies (PRO) research abstract review committee member for the ISPOR 14th Annual European Conference, Madrid, Spain
- 2004-Present: Associate editor, Journal of Asia Pacific Business