Mary Etta C. Mills, ScD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN
- ScD, Johns Hopkins University
- MS, University of Maryland School of Nursing
- BSN, University of Maryland School of Nursing
- Mills, M.E., Warren, J., & Hickman, L. Extended Master's Preparation of Staff Nurses to Expand Clinical Capacity (6 additional hospitals). Maryland Higher Education Commission. Annapolis, MD. 7/1/09-6/30/14. $1,948,042.
- Mills, M.E. Master's Preparation of Staff Nurses to Expand Clinical Capacity. Maryland Higher Education Commission, Annapolis, MD. 7/1/06-6/30/11. $1,325,000. (Principal Investigator).
- Mills, M.E. BSN Program Endowment. Helene Fuld Health Trust. 2/04-1/07. $547,500. (Principal Investigator).
- Xiao, Y.; Mackensie, C.F; Faraj, S; Mills, M.E. Coordination Processes and Awareness Support in Dynamic Work Environments. National Science Foundation. 10/1/99-9/30/02. $300,036 (Grant #99-00406). (Co-Principal Investigator)
- Information Systems Integration
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Quality of Care
- Health Services Administration
- Choi, M.; Curriero, F.C.; Johantgen, M.; Mills, M.E.; Sattler, B.; & Lipscomb, J. (2010). Association between ozone and emergency department visits: An ecological study. Journal of Environmental Health Informatics (in press).
- Lee, T.T.; Liu, C.Y.; Kuo, Y.H.; Mills, M.E.; & Fong, J.G. (2010). The application of data mining to identify critical factors regarding patient falls using a web-based reporting system. International Journal of Medical Informatics (in press).
- Seckman, C., Romano, C., Mills, M.E., Friedman, E., & Johantgen, M. (2009). Clinician's perceptions of usability of an electronic medical record over time. Computers, Informatics, Nursing. 27 (5), 334-335.
- Mills, M.E. & Newbold, S. K. (2009). Creating a governmental policy framework for adoption of an electronic health record. Technology and Informatics: Connecting Health and Humans. (Proceedings of the 10th International Congress on Nursing Informatics.) Editors: Saranto, K.; Flatley-Brennan, P.; Park, H.A.; Tallberg, M.; and Ensio, A.. ISO Press: Amsterdam. 678-682.
- Warren, J.I. & MIlls, M.E. (2009). Motivating registered nurses to return for an advanced degree. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing. 40 (5), 200-207.
- Lee, T.T., Mills, M.E., and Lu, M.H. (2009). The multi-method evaluation of a nursing information system in Taiwan. Computers, Informatics, Nursing. 27 (4), 245-253.
- Lee, T.T., Mills, M.E., and Lu, M.H. (2008). Impact of a nursing information system on practice patters in Taiwan. Computers, Informatics, Nursing. 26 (4), 207-214.
- Lee, T.T., Mills, M.E., Bausell, R.B., and Lu, M.H. (2008). Two-stage evaluation of the impact of a nursing information system in Taiwan. International Journal of Medical Informatics. Available online: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmedinf.2008.03.004 (Reference: IJB2457), pp. 698-707.
- Mills, ME (2006). Linkage of patient records to support continuity of care: Issues and
future directions. Nursing Informatics 2006.
- Nahm, E.S., Resnick, B., Mills, ME. (2006). Development and pilot-testing of the
perceived health web site usability questionnaire (PHWSUQ) for older adults. Consumer-Centered, Computer-Supported Care for Healthy People, 2006.
- Nahm, E.S., Mills, ME, and Feege, B. (2006). Long-term care information systems.
Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 32 (4), 32-38.
- Jairath, N. & Mills, M.E. (2005). Online Health Science Education: Development and Implementation. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
Primary Teaching Areas:
- Nursing Informatics
- Health Services Administration
Academic & Professional Activities:
- Past President, Maryland Council of Deans and Directors of Baccalaureate and Associate Degree Nursing Programs
- Summer Institute for Nursing Informatics, University of Maryland School of Nursing Planning Committee
- Nursing Informatics Council, American Academy of Nursing
- Board of Directors, Maryland Nurses Association, District 2