Lyn Stankiewicz Murphy, PhD, MBA, MS, RN
- PhD, Public Policy with emphasis in Statistical Methods and Analytical Evaluation, University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC), Baltimore, MD, 2006
- MS, Nursing Administration, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, 2001
- MBA, University of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD, 2001
- BSN, Carlow College, Pittsburgh, PA, 1985
UM Nursing Research Grant for $15,226 to understand the patient discharge process at the University of Maryland Medical Center in order to improve the patient discharge process. Award period: September 2009 to September 2011.
- Murphy, L.S. (2010). Understanding the Social and Economic Contexts Surrounding Women Engaged in Street-Level Prostitution. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 31 (12), 775-784.
- Kapustin, J., & Murphy, L.S. (2008). Faculty Mentoring: A TEAM Approach. Topics in Advanced Practice Nursing, 8 (4), 12 – 15.
- Roberts, D.W., & Murphy, L.S. (2008). Building Connections for Patient-Centered Records. Computers, Informatics, and Nursing, 26 (5), 300-305.
Health Services, Leadership and Management:
- NURS 525: Clinical Leadership
- NURS 690: Managerial Health Finance
- NURS 692: Administration of Health Care Services
- NURS 698: Leadership Analysis
- 2011-2013: President, Sigma Theta Tau, Pi Chapter
- 2010-2011: President Elect, Sigma Theta Tau, Pi Chapter
- Treasurer, Council on Graduate Education for Administration in Nursing (CGEAN)
- Faculty Advisor, Graduate Nursing Association, UMSON
- Member, Governing Members, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
- Member, Mountain Christian School (Harford County) School Board