Elizabeth Galik, PhD, CRNP
Associate Professor, OSAH
- PhD, Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, 2007
- Post-Masters Adult Nurse Practitioner Certificate, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 1998
- MSN, Nursing Education, Villanova University, Villanova, PA, 1994
- BSN, Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1988
- Principal Investigator, NIA R01 AG046217-01, Function and Behavior Focused Care for Nursing Home Residents with Dementia (2013-2018)
- Co-Investigator, Stulman Foundation, Dissemination of Function Focused Care in Assisted Living (2013-2014)
- Co-Investigator, NINR R21, Testing the Feasibility and Impact of Function Focused Care for Trauma Recovery (2013-2015)
- Galik, E., Resnick, B., Hammersla, M., & Brightwater, J. (in press). Optimizing function and physical activity among nursing home residents with dementia: testing the impact of Function Focused Care. The Gerontologist.
- Galik, E., & Resnick, B. (2013). Psychotropic medication use and association with physical and psychosocial outcomes in nursing home residents. Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 20(3), 244-252.
- Resnick, B., Galik, E., & Boltz, M. (2013). Function focused care approaches: literature review of progress and future possibilities. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association, 14(5), 313-318.
Primary Teaching Areas:
- NURS 687: Comprehensive Health Assessment of the Older Adult
- Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program
Academic & Professional Activities:
- 2013-Present: Regular Member of Graduate Faculty, University of Maryland, Baltimore
- 2011-Present: Editorial Board Member, Geriatric Nursing
- 2010-2013: Past President, Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association
- 2007-Present: Board of Directors, Maryland Gerontological Association
- Nurse Practitioner Faculty Practice, Sheppard Pratt Memory Disorders Clinic and Copper Ridge