Dawn Mueller-Burke, PhD, CRNP, NNP-BC
Assistant Professor, FCH
- BS, Nursing, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, Pennsylvania, 1990
- MS, Advanced Practice Pediatric Nurse, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 1997
- Post Masters Certificate, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, University of Maryland, Baltimore, August 2005
- PhD, Nursing (Neonatal brain injury/ Neurophysiology), University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, 2002
- 2000-20001: Predoctoral, Individual National Research Service Award (NRSA), National Institute of Nursing Research; NIH Grant NIH F31 NR 07525; "Hypothermic Treatment of Neonatal Hypoxia- Ischemia"
- "Public Stem Cell Banks: Considerations of Justice in Stem Cell Research and Therapy." Hastings Cent Rep. 2003 Nov-Dec;33(6):13-27. Faden RR, Dawson L, Bateman-House AS, Agnew DM, Bok H, Brock DW, Chakravarti A, Gao XJ, Greene M, Hansen JA, King PA, O'Brien SJ, Sachs DH, Schill KE, Siegel A, Solter D, Suter SM, Verfaillie CM, Walters LB, Gearhart JD
- "Safety issues in cell-based intervention trials". Fertil Steril. 2003 Nov;80(5):1077-85 Dawson L, Bateman-House AS, Mueller Agnew D, Bok H, Brock DW, Chakravarti A, Greene M, King PA, O'Brien SJ, Sachs DH, Schill KE, Siegel A, Solter D, Suter SM, Verfaillie CM, Walters LB, Gearhart JD, Faden RR.
- "Hypothermia for 24 hours after asphyxic cardiac arrest in piglets provides striatal neuroprotection that is sustained 10 days after rewarming. Agnew DM, Koehler RC, Guerguerian AM, Shaffner DH, Traystman RJ, Martin LJ, Ichord RN. Pediatr Res. 2003 Aug;54(2):253-62. Epub 2003 May 07.
- "Transplanted human embryonic germ cell-derived neural stem cells replace neurons and oligodendrocytes in the forebrain of neonatal mice with excitotoxic brain damage". Mueller OM, Shamblott MJ, Fox HE, Gearhart JD, Martin LJ. Journal of Neuroscience Research 2005 December. 82:592-608.
- "Rapid NMDA Receptor Phosphorylation and Oxidative Stress Coexist and Precede Striatal Neurodegeneration after Hypoxic Ischemia in Newborn Piglets and Are Attenuated with Hypothermia". Mueller-Burke OM, Koehler RC, Martin, LJ. Developmental Neuroscience, accepted for publication, August 2007.
Primary Teaching Areas:
- Neonatal and Pediatric NP program core courses
- Doctor of Nursing Practice