Barbara Walsh, DNP, MPH, RN, PHCNS-BC
Assistant Professor, FCH
- DNP, Old Dominion University, Norfolk VA, 2013
- MS, Nursing (Community Health), Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond VA, 2007
- MPH, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, 2000
- BS, Nursing, University of Southern Maine, Portland, ME, 1983
- BA, Biology, State University of New York at Oswego, 1977
- Principle Investigator, Nurse Practitioners and Male Reproductive Health in Virginia: Are Healthy People 2020 Objectives Being Addressed? (2012-2013)
- Walsh, B., Zimbro, K. & Keohane, N. (2013). “Nurse Practitioners and Male Reproductive Health in Virginia: Are Healthy People 2020 Objectives Being Addressed?” Poster presentation, American Public Health Association Meeting and Exposition, Boston, Massachusetts, November 3-6, 2013.
- Walsh, B.A., Corder-Mabe, J., & Taylor, T. (2006). “Lessons Learned: Seven Years of a Statewide Fetal Infant Mortality Review Program.” Poster presentation, American Public Health Association 134th Annual Meeting and Exposition, Boston, Massachusetts, November 4-8, 2006.
- Weinhold, O. & Walsh, B. (2006). “Enhancement of Fetal Infant Mortality Review Process Based on Jean Watson’s Caring Theory.” Poster presentation, 2006 AWHONN (Association of Women’s Health, Obstetrical and Neonatal Nurses) Convention, Baltimore, Maryland, June 24-28, 2006.
- Walsh, B.A., Corder-Mabe, J., & Taylor, T. (2005). “Virginia Fetal Infant Mortality Review: Footsteps toward Improved Perinatal Health.” Poster presentation accepted, American Public Health Association 133rd Annual Meeting and Exposition, New Orleans, November 8, 2005 (moved to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, December 10-14, 2005).
Primary Teaching Areas:
- NURS 508: Community/Public Health Nursing for the Clinical Nurse Leader
- NDNP 802: Methods for Evidence-based Practice
Academic & Professional Activities:
- Member, American Nurses Association/Virginia Nurses Association
- Member, American Public Health Association
- Member, Virginia Public Health Association
- Member, Association of Community Health Nursing Educators
- Member, Phi Kappa Phi
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau International