Alyson Ross, PhD, RN
- PhD, Nursing, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, Maryland, 2012
- Master of Science Degree, Nursing, Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Specialist, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville, Tennessee, 1989
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Nursing, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville, Tennessee, 1987
- Associate of Science Degree, Nursing, University of Evansville School of Nursing, Evansville, Indiana, 1985
11-CC-0265: (Co-Investigator) August 2011-present
NIH Clinical Center A Pilot Study to Examine Physiological and Clinical markers of Chronic Stress in Caregivers of Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant (HSCT) Recipients
- Ross, A., Sundaramurthi, P., Bevans, M. (2012) A Labor of Love: the Influence of Cancer Caregiving on Health Behaviors. Cancer Nursing, DOI: 10.1097/NCC.0b013e3182747b75.
- Ross, A., Friedmann, E., Bevans, M., Thomas, S. (2012). Frequency of Yoga Practice Predicts Health: Results of a National Survey of Yoga Practitioners. Journal of Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2012(10), doi:10.1155/2012/983258.
- Ross, A. and Pringle, K. (2012) Clinical Roundup: Selected treatment options for Bronchitis. Alternative and Complementary Therapies, 17(6): 349-353.
- Ross, A. (2012, April). The Relationship of Yoga and Health: Home Practice May be the Key. Poster presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society of Behavioral Medicine, New Orleans.
- Ross, A. (2011) Clinical Roundup: How do you treat premenstrual syndrome in your practice? Alternative and Complementary Therapies, 17(4): 237-246.
- Ross, A. and Thomas, S. (2010). The health benefits of yoga and exercise: A review of comparison studies. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 16(1), 3-12.
- Thomas, S.A., Chapa, D.W., Friedman, E., Durdin, C., Ross, A., Lee, M.C., Lee, H. (2008) Depression in patients with heart failure: Prevalence, pathophysiological mechanisms, and treatment. Critical Care Nurse, 28(2), 40-55.
- N505/N304: Fundamentals of Nursing Communication Modules
- Intramural Research Training Award Post-doctoral Fellow National Institutes of Health Clinical Center
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society
- Member, Society of Behavioral Medicine
- Member, American Holistic Nurses Association
- Member, International Association of Yoga Therapists
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Yoga and Physical Therapy
- Manuscript Reviewer, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine