Online Chat: Post-BSN-to-DNP Program
Location: Online chat
Time: 4-5 p.m.
Join in this chat to learn more about the Post-BSN-to-DNP program at the University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON).
UMSON intends to transition its six Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) specialties from the present Master of Science (MS) to the nationally recognized practice doctorate for advanced practice nursing known as the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Pending approval by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (anticipated in fall 2012), effective with the entering class of fall 2014, the following UMSON specialties will accept applicants only to the DNP program:
- Adult and Gerontological Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Anesthesia (pending approval from the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs)
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Trauma, Critical Care, and Emergency Nursing: A Blended Clinical Nurse Specialist and Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
To learn more, pleas register for the chat, email email@example.com or call 410-706-0501 (press option 2), and specify the chat you wish to join.