Baccalaureate and Masters prepared nurses who wish to pursue a graduate degree at a later date or have not yet completed all admission requirements may apply for course work only (CWO)/non-degree status to enroll in graduate-level nursing courses. Students admitted under this status may register for select non-clinical graduate courses. A maximum of two courses may be taken under CWO status. CWO students are admitted to classes only if space is available (matriculated students get priority), only in courses that accept CWO students and must follow all prerequisites rules.
A CWO student who wishes to obtain full-degree status later must submit a second application to the School of Nursing and follow all admission policies. CWO status does not qualify students for Financial Aid. CWO status does not guarantee admission to future graduate degree programs. If a student is accepted as a degree student, no more than two classes may be taken and counted toward a future graduate degree program.
How to Apply
Deadlines for Admission
Admission is highly competitive. For information on application deadlines, including priority and final dates, please visit our application deadlines page »
Apply online. The SON's catalog is available online. Information about course descriptions and schedule of courses is also available online.
Courses recommended for all students pursuing an MS or DNP degree:
- NDNP 802: Methods for Evidence-based Practice
- NDNP 805: Design and Analysis in Evidence-based Practice
- NURS 622: Systems and Population in Health Care
- NURS 659: Organizational and Professional Dimensions of Advanced Nursing Practice
Additional courses for students interested in pursuing APRN degrees:
- NPHY 612: Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology Across the Lifespan
- NURS 723: Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics Across the Lifespan
Additional courses for students interested in pursuing the DNP degree:
- NDNP 804: Theoretical and Philosophical Foundations of Nursing Practice
- NURS 810: Evidence-based Policy Development
- NURS 834: Translating Evidence Practice (prerequisite NDNP 802)