Community & Service Programs
- The program’s dual missions, identified in legislation passed by the Maryland General Assembly in 2000, are to provide primary and preventive health care services to geographically underserved communities and uninsured individuals across the state, and to provide principle training sites that will expand student learning opportunities in the care of underserved populations.
- The Wellmobile Program has been in continuous operation under the management of the University of Maryland School of Nursing since its inception in 1994.
- The Wellmobile Program serves uninsured and underserved populations throughout Maryland and advances the educational practice experiences of students across multiple programs.
- The Governor’s Wellmobile Program is a community partnership model of mobile, nurse-managed primary health care.
- The interprofessional health care team consists of a nurse practitioner, nurse care manager, social worker, and outreach worker.
Latest Annual Report
Information for Patients
The Wellmobile Program serves geographic regions across Maryland. For information about Wellmobile service locations or to schedule an appointment, call 410-706-1399 or 866-228-9668.
For administrative inquiries about the program, call the Wellmobile office at 410-706-6157.
Through collaborative arrangements with school systems and local health departments in Harford County, pediatric nurse practitioner and family nurse practitioner faculty members engage in faculty practice in school-based health centers. These nurse-managed health centers provide acute and chronic primary care services in elementary, middle, and high schools with high proportions of underserved populations.