Office of Professional Education
The Office of Professional Education supports the UMSON mission by developing life-long learning programs for nurses and interprofessional participants.
The goals of the Office of Professional Education – derived from UMSON’s philosophy – are to:
- Create a climate of excellence for lifelong learning
- Offer networking opportunities for nurses and other health care professionals to connect with each other and the UMSON
- Assess learning needs and develop programs in response to those needs in local, state, and selected national and international markets
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary providers of education and health care services in the development, implementation, and evaluation of professional education and faculty development programs
- Present the opportunity for unique and mutually beneficial collaborations with other institutions of higher education, health care systems, governmental organizations, and industries to provide professional education opportunities
- Advance the discipline of nursing, improve the quality of health care, and demonstrate the importance of continuing education in nursing and other health care professions
The Office of Professional Education is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
To begin to plan a professional education program, call 410-706-3767.